Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hong Kong; where the Chinese live

So I have been in Hong Kong for about 2 months now. And it is getting crazy. The first month or so was all games and wishful thinking, but it serious now. Money is tight and it's looking like I need to get my shit in gear or get out of the game.

Hong Kong is one of the craziest places in the world. It is all about Fashion, Retail, Family,Friends and Food. The biggest change is the food. For real, you need to love Chinese food to be here. Luckily, I do. Hopefully, I'll learn enuff Cantonese to order at a HK cafe. Because not everything is English. Especially some of the best places to eat.

New ish! Some of the hottest things in Hong Kong is the Fashion World. Labels big and small launch their lines here. I'm in love with Fingercroxx. Hot urban fashions. They are doing collabos with 4A, Double Park and X-Large. Can't get enuff.

One of wildest parts of Hong Kong is the music scene. Artists here don't mess around. The big names will do a week or more of shows; and they will all sell out. The venue at the Hong Kong Coliseum is setup for full 360 degree action, and the stages are designed that way. Best new addition to my iTunes folder is MC Jin. Asian rapper out of Miami that hit it big on BET's 106 and Park. He left the 50 states and headed to Hong Kong. He has mad skillz and is spittin' bi-lingual tracks now. He's on his own, but pimping out everything from Internet sites to Yoshinoya Shabu-Shabu. He's got me speaking Chinese. Check him out at ayojin.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment